Explore Indian Shores/Clearwater Like a Local
You may be familiar with things to do in Orlando, Florida, where most families spend time during the summer traveling to Walt Disney World, but have you heard of a small beach town called Indian Shores, Florida? Indian Shores is located in Pinellas County on the west coast of Florida, just ten minutes away from the world-famous beaches in Clearwater.
Rent a Jet Ski – There’s no better way to explore the beautiful blue waters of the Gulf Coast than on a Jet Ski! Pump your adrenaline up and quench your thirst for adventure, or take it easy and enjoy some well-needed rest and relaxation. The choice is yours.
Coconut Kayak Tours – Answer your call to the wild with a kayak adventure to any number of exciting locations. Float down a spring-fed river, or enjoy the local scenery and experience a peaceful reprieve from the ordinary.
Sea N Things Boat Trips – Create memorable experiences with a trip to see dolphins, the sandbar, or cruise along as you watch the sun dip below the horizon with a Sunset Tour.
Dine Local – There’s no shortage of good eats in Indian Shores! Some of our favorite spots to check out are:
- Caddy’s Indian Shores – Enjoy gorgeous views and a menu of fresh seafood
- Aloha To Go – Experience authentic Hawaiian BBQ, minutes away from our resort.
- Salt Rock Grill – Salt Rock Grill is the perfect choice for an evening of fine dining.
- Guppy’s On the Beach – This mellow hangout near the beach focuses on eclectic, upscale seafood dishes & small plates.
- DJs Clam Shack- Indian shores – Indulge in an incredible bounty of seafood.
Go on a Dolphin Tour – Dolphin Tours are a cost-effective, yet exciting way to experience the beauty of Florida’s West Coast. Cruise through the gulf as you take your family on a thrilling dolphin-spotting ride. How many do you think you’ll see?
Cruise on a Floating Tiki Bar – Okay, this one may seem a little on the tourist side, but who can say no to a tiki bar booze cruise? Celebrate a special occasion in style, or enjoy taking in the beautiful sights and surrounding areas during this unforgettable and unique experience.
Go Deep Sea Fishing – Clearwater, Florida is home to some of the best fishing excursions in the world. Enjoy year-round deep-water fishing as you bait your line waiting to catch a wide range of fish such as marlin, tuna, grouper, snapper, shark, and more!
Explore Nearby Islands – Go island-hopping on Florida’s Barrier Islands. These are only accessible by boat, so we advise that you plan for a day full of fun in the sun.
- Sand Key Park – Halfway between Indian Shores and Clearwater, visit Sand Key Park. Get the best of both worlds with a beautiful white-sand beach and dog-friendly park in the same area. While you’re at it, soak up the views from Sand Key Bridge - even locals are impressed with how stunning the view is.
- Honeymoon Island – One of Florida’s best-loved and underrated State Parks is Honeymoon Island. Enjoy miles of swimming, fishing, and shelling along this island. You can also hike through one of the last virgin splash pine forests in the area.
- Caladesi Island – Experience this pristine and undeveloped island off the coast of Clearwater. Filled with rich beauty and tranquility, you can enjoy the scenic views of Clearwater, without experiencing the crowds. Soak up the solitude, you deserve it!
Grab a Microbrew at Green Bench Brewing – Locals love hanging out in the Beer Garden tasting St. Pete’s finest brews.
Experience an “Adult Playground” at Park & Rec – Grab a drink and enjoy rows of corn hole, an arcade, air hockey machines, a live DJ, and more!
Get a taste of the Local Culture at the Salvador Dali Museum – Shop, play, and experience the unparalleled collection of works by artist Salvador Dali, famous for his take on surrealist art.
Soak in the Views at St. Pete Pier - This gleaming new attraction on the city's picturesque waterfront promises limitless fun for everyone.
Hang a Hammock at Northshore Park – Enjoy the serenity at St. Petersburg's huge waterfront park, which runs along Tampa Bay from Coffee Pot Bayou to Vinoy Park.
Ready to book your Indian Shores adventure? Click here to start planning your vacation, or call a dedicated Reservations Specialist at 1-866-507-1429.
Remember, booking direct allows you to:
- Receive the guaranteed lowest rate
- Earn FREE cash rewards
- Receive a reusable water bottle at check-in
- Skip the lines with free mobile check-in
- Access secret member's-only deals
What are you waiting for? Book your vacay today!