Planning a Steamboat Ski-Cation
The town of Steamboat Springs is a charming mountain town with a friendly local community. Steamboat Mountain is well known for its incredibly light snow, coined “champagne powder,” and the well-spaced aspen trees hold some of the best skiing and snowboarding in Colorado State. Best known as “Ski Town USA,” there are a plethora of winter activities for you to enjoy. From the naturally fed Strawberry Hot Springs just out of town to skiing or snowboarding, planning a Steamboat Winter Vacation should be a must-see destination on your bucket list. Plan your Steamboat Ski-Cation with Legacy Vacation Resorts and be minutes away from all of the action-packed fun. Here are our favorite ways to enjoy Steamboat Springs in the Winter.
- Fish Creek Falls - Take in the view of a 280 ft. frozen waterfall just a short drive from downtown Steamboat Springs.
- Soak in the Hot Springs - What sounds better than a relaxing dip in the natural hot springs after a day on the mountain?
- Snow Shoe through Rabbit Ears Pass - A fun alternative to enjoy the slopes, snowshoeing offers a look at the great outdoors at a more relaxed pace.
- Hot Air Balloon Rides – Experience an adventure for all ages. Nothing will beat the marvelous view of the Yampa Valley coated in champagne powder from a hot air balloon.
- Snow Tubing – Put a new spin on “magic carpet ride” by tubing down the slopes for an exhilarating time.
- Ice Fishing – Plan a fascinating fishing trip with Yampa Valley Anglers. With half or full-day excursions, you can find an adventure for any budget. Enjoy a sled ride to the fishing destination and try your luck on the ice.
- Go Horseback Riding – Saddle up at Saddle Back Ranch. After your Steamboat Springs horseback ride, warm up with a cup of hot chocolate and a freshly baked cookie.
- Cherish the Art - Bring home a unique Steamboat souvenir. Take the perfect selfie next to gorgeous wall murals, pop into art galleries, and more.
- Take a Stroll Through the Brewery Trail – Enjoy a different type of trail - The Steamboat Brew Trail made up of three local breweries serving some of the finest beers and spirits around Colorado.
Planning a Steamboat Springs, Colorado vacation is simple with Legacy Vacation Resorts. We have two locations in this bustling town, conveniently located near the mountain. Book your stay and enjoy use of our free ski shuttle, on-site amenities, and spacious condo-style suites for families and groups of all sizes. Plan your trip by checking out our Hilltop and Suites locations, or by calling a dedicated Reservation Specialist at 1-866-507-1429.
“Ski” you on the mountain. ;-)